Starting date: October 1, 2018
Application deadline: Open until filled
Full or Part Time: Part-time (10 hours/week)
The Vera and Donald Blinken Open Society Archives (OSA) announces a part time Assistant Archivist position for an MA or PhD student. The successful candidate will work on the processing of textual documents collected by 1956 émigré Péter Pallai, journalist at the Hungarian service of BBC. The collection contains materials created by the British Foreign Office and BBC, interviews conducted by Péter Pallai on the history of Hungary during and immediately after WWII and the 1956 Hungarian Revolution.
Duties and responsibilities
- Physical arrangement of archival documents respecting the OSA’s professional guidelines
- Gathering contextual information that are related to the collection
- Description of archival materials at different levels by using archival standards applied by OSA, introducing data to the cataloging system
Qualifications, skills and experience
- Demonstrated interest in archival procedures, ability to produce concise, informative descriptions
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Language skills: native Hungarian language knowledge, excellent spoken and written English
- Excellent problem-solving skills, attention to detail
- Interest in the post WWII history of Hungary
How to apply?
Please send your complete application package that includes short CV and a motivation letter to Ms. Katalin Gadoros at email@example.com
The privacy of your personal information is very important to us. We collect, use, and store your personal information in accordance with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation. To learn more about how we manage your personal data during the recruitment process, please see our Privacy Notice at https://www.ceu.edu/privacy.
CEU is an equal opportunity employer.